Monday, October 26, 2009

Start the spreading the news...done already!

There we go, the Liberty Series...! I came across an article on espn.com calling this series "The One we've been waiting for" That's right, this one promises to be electric, intriguing, pulsating, competitive and will probably display everything that's great in baseball. These two teams truly deserve to be part of the Fall Classic and despite the never-give-up spirit of the Halos they truly "dropped" the last game. They didn't play great defense in this series (8 errors) and I didn't see the fire in their eyes last night...the House that Jeter built came to know as the House of Horrors for Mike Scioscia and his crew.

I always appreciated Mike Scioscia. He was my favorite player when I was kid; I admired his toughness behind the plate, his personality and the way he handled all those great pitchers in LA in the 198o's. I even wrote him a letter one day and came in my mailbox a few days letter an eveloppe from the Dodgers, with the logo on the left side and everything...my heart jumped; I yelled "Dad, Mike Scioscia wrote me back!!!!" I was so excited until I opened the letter and inside were just Dodgers promotion brochures and tickets information. I lived in France back then so the quick trip to Chavez Ravine to catch a glimpse of my hero would have to wait! But nonethless the Dodgers were great to at least answer to mail from fans, especially when you can make a buck out of it!

I have in my head, lots and lots of memories about baseball, when I was a kid, a teenage and now an adult. I would need soooo much time to write about them all. That's what baseball does for you: Memories of a lifetime and once you catch the baseball bug it stays with you forever, again no matter the ratings, the steroids or the length of games...

No comments:

Post a Comment